About this image
Present are: Seated top back row: F. Wilkinson, Town Clerk Wright Lissett, Mayor F. Sudbury and Alderman Wade; Top bottom row: Alderman Sudbury, Alderman Tatham, Alderman Clay and Alderman Shorthose. Councillors on the left Maltby, Fletcher, Mitchell, Scattergood, Moss, Manners, Bloor. Councillors on the right: Haslam, Robinson, E. Tatham, Sutton, Limb, Wal. Tatham, Merry and Hall. Seared at front of the table are Counc. Richards and Counc. Fisher. The men seated at the side are a Borough Surveyor on the left and a reporter on the right. Ilkeston Town Hall was erected in 1866 by Isaac Warner to an Italianate design.