About this image
The original chapel was located to the right of the railway bridge, next to the Nags Head pub but has now been demolished.
This is the last remaining methodist church in Clowne. The original Primitive Methodist society was formed in 1829 and their first building was on High Street - first recorded in 1833. The present building was opened in 1876, extended c1900 and again in 1936-9 to the current footprint. The front face of the building was considered worthy of inclusion in the conservation area in May 2005 (Thanks to David Green for the information.)