About this image
Thrumpton Hall was built between 1609 and 1616-17 by Gervase Pigot from Weston-on-Trent. The North side was altered in the 18th century with Gothic glazing to the windows and to the loggia, which was probably added at that time. Pigot's son, Gervase Pigot II, made further alterations, including a new staircase which involved rebuilding the west wall. The turreted gatehouse (pictured) dates from around 1830.