About this image
View E.S.E. from Trent Lock towards Sailing Club with Wood Hill, Thrumpton, in the distance. Also Trent Viaduct (right of centre) and mouth of Cranfleet cut to the left.
The date of this image is probably 1930's based on other photos in the Trent Valley Sailing Club archive. The main clubhouse was completed in 1907 and added to just before the First World War. The dark extension partly hidden by foliage to the left was the live-in quarters of the club steward. (Additional information kindly supplied by Richard Partridge).