c 1920's-30's ?
Vicarage Street, off Church Street
About this image
View of the Font, and behind it, The first World War Memorial plaque. Christ Church is The Church of England Parish Church for Cotmanhay and Shipley, built in 1848. The architect was Henry Isaac Stevens. The church is stone with lancet windows and a polygonal bell turret. Demolished in 1987 following mining subsistence damage.