About this image
Little and large outside the Terminus Hotel on Chatsworth Road. Chesterfield Corporation Straker-Clough single-deck trolleybus No 7 contrasts in size with a working model of the same type of vehicle, while a crowd of youngsters looks on.
The cameraman is looking east towards Chesterfield.
A fleet of 12 trolleybuses had been acquired by Chestefield Corporation in 1927 as replacements for the town's electric trams, which had been first introduced in 1904. The trolleybus system itself was supplanted by motor buses in 1938, which, after 34 years, brought to an end the history of electric traction in Chesterfield.