This image can be used commercially
Horse tram on Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham, c 1900
About this image
Double-deck horse tram No 37 at speed on the route from the Market Place to Carrington. This route was opened by the Nottingham & District Tramways Company in 1879 and ran via Long Row, Market Street, Parliament Street, Milton Street and Mansfield Road, with a branch along Forest Road. In 1897 the N&DTC was taken over by Nottingham Corporation who embarked on a programme of extension and electrification with the result that the last horse trams ceased operating in 1902. Advertising on this vehicle is for the Daily Guardian.