This image can be used commercially
Aerial view showing Main Street and Church Lane, Upton, 1964
About this image
Aerial view of Upton looking south with Main Street (the A612) linking Newark and Southwell in the foreground. Church Lane joins from the left - the white building with the thatched roof on the corner is one of the oldest in the village and at this date was used as the post office. In the cente of the picture the two-storey red brick structure is a bakery, built in the 1920s but in more recent years converted into a dwelling. The large white house and associated buildings at top left is Church Farm and above this is the village green. Between the bakery and Church Farm is a walnut tree that largely obscures the single storey village hall, originally built as a British Legion hall in 1919 and since demolished.
Please note this image may not reproduce well at larger sizes.