This image can be used commercially
The King's Head, Stockwell Gate, Mansfield, c 1953
About this image
Believed to have been taken at the time of the Coronation in 1953. The King's Head Inn (Mansfield Ales) is on the right, while the shop on the left was of medieval date with an oak crook frame.
Both buildings were demolished by Mansfield Borough Council in 1973. It was planned to recover and save the medieval crook beams but they were apparently consigned to a bonfire built by the demolition crew.
Picture the Past is grateful to website contributor Berisford Jones for supplying some of the information above.