This image can be used commercially
Bingham Road station, Nottingham, c 1930s ?
Courtesy of Fred Lane
c 1930s ?
About this image
Bingham Road station was in a semi-rural setting outside Bingham and had to compete with the more centrally located station at Bingham on the Nottingham to Grantham line.
The trains that called at Bingham Road went into Nottingham to the station on London Road, also called Nottingham London Road Low Level (although after 1944 they were diverted into Nottingham Victoria).
This line was part of a system constructed jointly by the Great Northern Railway and the London & North Western Railway that linked Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray, Nottingham and Newark. Passenger services were always sparse, being withdrawn (apart from a few workmen's trains at the southern end) in 1953. Bingham Road did not even last that long, closing in July 1951. This view is looking south-west.