This image can be used commercially
Rufford Abbey, Rufford Abbey Park, Rufford, c 1900
Rufford Abbey Park
About this image
The Cistercian abbey was founded in the 12th century and prospered from timber and wood sales. Following its dissolution in 1536, Rufford's extensive lands were granted to George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury. The Talbots began the transformation of the buildings from abbey to country house. In 1952, the property was purchased by Nottinghamshire County Council. Rufford is now one of the most popular country parks in the Midlands.
Printed by R. White
Lithograph by J. Baldock