This image can be used commercially
Hunters Farm and Wilford, Nottingham, c 1920
Julian R Smith
About this image
The building on the near left is Hunters Farm, and still standing. Opposite on the roadside was a cottage, now demolished, inhabited by a family called Whittaker and behind that was a barn which was a part of Hunters stack yard. The barn was demolished in the late 1960's, and the cottage was taken down in the 1940's. The land opposite the farmhouse was sold by the Clifton family in 1920 and a wooden bungalow was build by Tom Weightman and his wife Ida, who lived there till their death (information kindly supplied by Max Carter).