This image can be used commercially
Demolition of Clipstone Colliery, off Mansfield Road, Clipstone, 2007
Curtis, G W
22 September 2007
About this image
Originally owned by the Bolsover Colliery Company, it passed to ownership of the National Coal Board in 1947. The colliery was closed in April 2003 and demolished in Autumn 2007, of which this is one of a series of pictures showing the remains of the colliery; see PTPN000073 to PTPN000091.
The headstocks are regarded as the tallest in Europe and the third tallest in the world, are Grade 2 Listed structures and can be seen all over the district. They are nearly all but demolished, with only two currently remaining.