This image can be used commercially
Reading Room, Lilybank Hydro, Chesterfield Road, Matlock, c 1930s
About this image
Around the date of this photo the Lilybank Hydro was described thus: 'A few minutes' walk from the Golf Links is the Lilybank Hydro, commanding fine views. Tennis, croquet and bowls may be enjoyed, and a series of amusements keep things going happily indoors. Hydropathic treatment on the latest principles is given by experiened attendants. There is an ample motor garage for visitors'.
The hydro was originally called Dalefield but changed its name after being sold in 1913. Lilybank closed in 1963 and the building was subsequently used as a preparatory school. In 2014 it became a residential care home, styled Lilybank Hamlet.
The above information is derived from The Andrews Pages.