This image can be used commercially
Village and St Peter's Church, Edensor, 1969
T W Tyreman
About this image
St Peter's Church was built in 1870 on the site of the old village church, with parts of the old church incorporated into it. The architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott. It has a tall Early English tower and spire, an Early English interior with 2 aisles, circular and octagonal piers (including four dating to the 13th century), clerestory and chancel. Edensor is a model village lying within the Chatsworth Estate, in Derbyshire and the Peak District National Park. The village is home to many workers on the Chatsworth Estate. Most of the buildings in Edensor now date to around 1840, when the 6th Duke of Devonshire removed the village from along the river to its present position, as it 'spoilt' the view from the Chatsworth House.