This image can be used commercially
Erewash Canal, Derby Road, Long Eaton, c 1905 ?
Derbyshire Record Office
About this image
A narrowboat moored underneath the bridge (rebuilt in 1883) carrying Derby Road over the Erewash Canal. This view is looking north and two planks can be seen spanning the gap between the boat and the towpath. Although there was a coal wharf on the west bank of the canal south of Derby Road, the position of the boat and the damaged brickwork on the bridge abutment, suggests maintenance work may be occurring. A second boat can be seen in the distance tied up beside Bridge Mills, a recently erected lace factory.