This image can be used commercially
Digging the new cricket ground, Chapel en le Frith, c 1890
Derbyshire Record Office
About this image
This cricket ground, which was in existence by 1898, was originally situated in the middle of fields. It was still in use in 2009 but by then the built up area of Chapel en le Frith had expanded to surround it. Old maps show this area hosted a number of sporting facilities including a football pitch (also still extant in 2009), a tennis court and a rifle range.