This image cannot be used commercially
General View, St Giles' Church, and the Chesterfield Canal
About this image
St Giles Church is a 12th century church and still has it's Norman doorway. It has a perpendicular battlemented tower. The south aisle window has a 15th century stained glass depiction of the Virgin. Seen here is the north aisle and vestry added in 1895. The church was lit by gas and oil lamps before 1928. The photograph is taken from Belklane Drive, above the towpath of the Chesterfield Canal, which is no longer there. See also DCNE000186 for another picture of the Canal and Church. The churchyard in the other picture does not have a wall and trees.