This image can be used commercially
Aerial view over the Midland Railway Station, Chesterfield, 1952
Slater, W A
About this image
Taken from the spire of St. Mary's Church, looking towards the railway sheds situated off Park Hill, off Storforth Lane.
This was part of the former London, Midland and Scottish Line which opened in 1841 as part of the North Midland Railway linking Derby and Leeds. This particular station was built in 1870 and was the second station to be built for the line. The architect was Neill, who worked for the Clay Cross Company. The station was rebuilt in the 1960s and again in 2001. The Station Hotel is on the left.