This image cannot be used commercially
St Lawrence's Church, Market Place, Long Eaton, c 1895
A P Knighton
About this image
This image may be dated with some confidence to the period 1889-1903. It shows Samuel Smith and Co's bank (1889) and a gas street lantern. Electric street lanterns were introduced following the completion of the Milner Road power station in 1903. (Additional information very kindly supplied by James White).