About this image
There is no mention of a church at Bulcote in the Domesday Book. It is thought that it was probably founded as a manorial chapel within the parish of Burton Joyce by the Sancta Maria family, who were lords of Bulcote in the thirteenth century. Bulcote's church has been dedicated to the Holy Trinity since at least the seventeenth century. In 1861 the church, which had fallen into a state of disrepair was struck by lightning and completely destroyed. The present church was built in 1862 on the site of the earlier, collapsed one. The entire cost of the new church was financed by Colonel Egerton Leigh of Bulcote Manor, for a total of around £900.