This image cannot be used commercially
Albert Hall after fire 22nd April 1906
A P Knighton
North Circus Street
About this image
The first Albert Hall (See NTGM005510) was opened on 20th September, 1876. The hall sadly burnt down on the night of 22nd April, 1906. The present day 'Albert Hall' now stands on the site of Watson Fothergill's original building and was opened in 1909 after re-building. The organ was a gift of Jesse Boot (The Chemist), !st Lord Trent.