This image can be used commercially
Hemington Hill, Hemington, Leicestershire, c 1913
Scarratt, F W
About this image
Looking south-west up Hemington Hill as a pair of carts (possibly loaded with hay or manure - there are pitchforks sticking out) prepare to begin the ascent. The lane connects Hemington village (which lies immediately behind the photographer) with Castle Donington.
The thatched cottage on the right no longer exists, having disappeared from the map prior to 1972.
This photograph was taken by Derby-based postcard publisher F W Scarratt who allocated it number 786 in his series. Rather confusingly he titled it 'Hemington Lane' rather than 'Hemington Hill' and while it may have been his intention to simply describe it as a lane in Hemington, Hemington Lane itself is a different road that links the village with the nearby settlement of Lockington.