This image can be used commercially
Full Street, Derby, c 1930 ?
Scarratt, F W
c 1930 ?
About this image
Looking east from Queen Street towards the art deco edifice of Derby Power Station. To the left of this is The Old Silk Mill public house, which had been rebuilt in the form seen here - with a stone and mock half-timbered frontage - in the mid-1920s. A Nottingham Brewery establishment at this date, it was sold to Tennant Bros in the 1930s. The occupants of one of the cottages have apparently emerged to see what the photographer is doing.
By 2014 of the buildings visible here, only the pub survived. Full Street itself was widened in 1940, removing the cottages and the structures on the right, while the portion of the power station situated between Silk Mill Lane, Sowter Road and the River Derwent was demolished in 1963.
Derby-based postcard publisher F W Scarratt took this photo but it is not known what number he allocated it in his series.