This image can be used commercially
Burton Road, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, c 1910 ?
Scarratt, F W
c 1910 ?
About this image
Burton Road looking east towards Ashby town centre. A Burton & Ashby Light Railways electric tram is climbing the hill and the tramway's insignia can be picked out cast into the traction pole in the left foreground. The B&ALR was owned by the Midland Railway and linked Burton upon Trent with Newhall, Swadlincote, Church Gresley, Castle Gresley, Woodville, and Ashby. It was a relatively short-lived operation, opening in 1906 and closing in 1927 as a result of competition from motor buses. The bicycle on the left looks rather too big for the boy holding it and may have belonged to the photographer.
This photo was taken by Derby-based postcard publisher F W Scarratt but it is not known what number it was allocated in his numerical series.