This image can be used commercially
Derby Canal, Breaston, c 1931
Scarratt, F W
About this image
The Derby-Sandiacre arm of the Derby Canal showing the bridge carrying Risley Lane. Looking north-east with the Navigation Inn out of shot to the right. Traffic on the canal had ceased by 1945 and it was formally abandoned in 1964, as a result of which the bridge shown here was flattened.
This photo was taken by Derby-based postcard publisher F W Scarratt but may never have been issued as a postcard. It is almost identical to a card numbered in his series as 1525 (see both DCHQ501599 and DCHQ010226) and was clearly taken on the same occasion.