This image can be used commercially
Normanton Recreation Ground, Derby, c 1911
Scarratt, F W
About this image
Looking south with the pavilion in the distance. The man seated on the left with the perambulator is tipping his hat to the passing ladies, some of whom at least are members of the photographer's family.
Now known as Normanton Park and accessed from Kenilworth Avenue, prior to construction of the latter section of Derby's Outer Ringroad in the 1930s, the recreation ground was reached off Stenson Road. There are also northern entrances via Fairfield Road and Chatsworth Street.
This photo was taken by Derby-based postcard publisher F W Scarratt and was numbered 468 in his series.