This image can be used commercially
Balborough Hall, Ward Lane, Barlborough, Chesterfield, c 1975
About this image
The Hall, a Grade 1 listed building, was built in 1583 by Francis Rodes and retains much of its original character. It was later adapted as a school in the 1830s. Thos. Whitworth Green is listed as master there in White's Directory of 1835. The school began as the junior school to Mount St. Mary's College, founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).