This image can be used commercially
Demolition of the First Chinley Railway Station, Cracken Close, Chinley, 1901
From the late Alan Watson
Cracken Close / Station Road
About this image
The station was demolished in 1901 but was purchased by Mr. Charles Dunderdale in order to re-build it as Naze House on Maynstone Road.
When, in late 1880Æs plans for the Sheffield venture were approved, this first station was seen to be in the way of the new development and had to be demolished.