This image can be used commercially
Hartington Railway Station, 1899
D D Brumhead
1 August 1899
About this image
This photograph was taken during an inspection of the new LNWR Buxton to Ashboune branch by the Chief Mechanical Engineer of the railway Francis W. Webb who can be seen in the top hat standing at the side of his personal coupé. The date is 1 August 1899, the day prior to the official opening of the line.
Hartington Station - located approximately one and a half miles from the village centre - and the Cromford and High Peak Railway line was brought by the National Parks Authority in 1968 and the track converted into the Tissington Trail. The area is now a picnic facility with tourist information centre based at the signal box which has been retained.