This image can be used commercially
Chinley 'New' Chapel, off Hayfield Road (A624), Chapel Milton, Chapel-en-le-Frith, c 1980s
D D Brumhead
Brumhead, D D
off Hayfield Road (A624)
About this image
Chinley 'New' Chapel is by the A624 between Chapel-en-le-Frith and Chinley, and near to the railway viaduct. Information from www.chinleychapel.org.uk: The Chapel was founded by the Rev. William Bagshawe in 1662. This Chapel is founded on the scriptural right of every separate church to maintain perfect independence in the government and administration of its own particular affairs. Early worship took place in a converted barn at Malcoffe, but, some time later in the early years of the 18th century; work was started on the building of a new Chapel. This was completed in 1711, at a cost of £126, in spite of the opposition of local high church men, who sought to knock down the walls as they were built.