About this image
Stodhart Lodge looking north-east.
The house was listed Grade II in 1983, with the description reading:
'House. Early C19 with 1869 additions. Ashlar and coursed squared gritstone. Gritstone dressings, some rock faced. Slate roofs, some hipped, all with leaded ridges, Moulded stone eaves cornice. Stone coped gables with moulded kneeler and pineapple finials. Stone stacks with decorative bands, brick stack to rear elevation. Two storeys plus attics, irregular plan.
South elevation - five bay ashlar front with single bay in coursed gritstone to west. Shallow plinth. Central porch with doric columns. Plain entablature. Semi-circular headed doorcase. Plain fanlight. Original glazed oak doors below. To either side, pairs of plain sashes. Above, four similar windows. Over porch, semi-circular headed stair window.
To west, lower bay with glazing bar sash with moulded architrave and plain sill-band. Similar window and sill-band over. Moulded cornice and low parapet wall above. To rear of addition to north west, datestone inscribed 'JB 1869'. Addition in Gothic style with rock-faced dressings.
South elevation - painted door, twin lancet window over with glazing bar sashes. Panel with fretted decoration above.'
SOURCE: http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-81997-stodhart-lodge-chapel-en-le-frith-derbysh (retrieved 09.02.2014)