This image can be used commercially
East Mill, corner of Matlock Road and Bridge Foot, Belper, 1973
D D Brumhead
Brumhead, D D
25 May 1973
Matlock Road - Bridge Foot
About this image
East Mill was built by Jedediah Strutt in 1912. The massive red brick, 7 storey East Mill dominated the town. It closed as a mill in the late 20th century and now houses a number of small industrial units, but still remains largely empty. The chimney was demolished in 1990.