This image can be used commercially
St Paul's Church, Church Road, Quarndon, 1964
Mr D A Wigley
About this image
St Paul's Church was completed and consecrated in 1874, costing £4,000. The first vicar was Rev W G Nourse, who stayed until 1910. The original Church, also St Paul's, was half a mile nearer Derby, on the east side of Church Road. It was founded sometime before the Norman conquest. From then until 1762 it was part of St Alkmund's, then All Saints, and then St Alkmund's again. In 1762 it became a separate parish. The Church was enlarged c1835 but the growing village required a larger church so a new one was built. The old church was pulled down 1874-5. Lord Scarsdale donated the land and also contributed a large cash donation.