This image can be used commercially
St Mary's Parish Church, Church Lane, Wirksworth, 1907
About this image
This is the west of the church and is most often photographed. The main part of the building is early english but it has been extensively altered and restored over the years. In restoration between 1906 and 1908 the base of the original perpendicular west doorway was found. The embattled parapets and crocketed pinnacles were added in the perpendicular style. Evidence of old roof heights can be seen on the west face of the tower, the base of which is early english with the upper stages added in the 14th century. The west window was renewed in 1813.