This image can be used commercially
The New Bells For St Peter's Church at the West Door, Church Lane and Chesterfield Road, Belper, 192
Church Lane - Chesterfield Road
About this image
Boy far right in cap and raincoat is Reg Harvey, who later became organist and choirmaster.
The original bells were of steel cast by Naylor Vickers of Sheffield in 1861. They would have sounded appalling and were replaced in 1925 by a normal bronze ring cast by Taylors of Loughborough, Tenor 14 and a half cwts in f sharp.
The new ring was opened on November 28th 1925.
See also DCAV002723 and DCAV002724.