This image can be used commercially
Tram and Shelter, Crown Square, Matlock, c 1900s
About this image
Showing the tram shelter, erected in 1899. Together with the clock it was contributed by Mr R Wildgoose. Local people tried to run to Matlock Green in the time it took to chime 12. The shelter was also a local meeting place and had stained glass windows and brass fittings.
The Crown Hotel is what gave Crown Square its name.