About this image
Premises before renovation. This was actually the Old Tupton Social Association Hall, now demolished. It stood next to the Old Tupton Methodist Chapel, and was erected in 1947-1948 by local volunteers, using the remains of wartime Nissen huts. Edgar Hoult from Ashover Road was one of the leading people involved, and he eventually died there. Dances were held on Saturday nights, and were well attended. Mr Hoult was known, with affection, as "Egger".