About this image
Buckland_Hollow with the bridge (28) carrying the Ambergate to Pye Bridge Branch line of the Midland Railway across the Cromford Canal. On the left of the canal a branch line went to Hartshay Colliery, closed to traffic in 1936. In the background, a mineral train from Sheffield to Derby approaches the bridge over the canal headed by 9F No. 92090.