This image can be used commercially
Crown Square, Matlock, c 1910s
About this image
Showing the tram shelter, erected in 1899. Together with the clock it was contributed by Mr R Wildgoose. Local people tried to run to Matlock Green in the time it took to chime 12. The shelter was also a local meeting place and had stained glass windows and brass fittings. The shops on the right were demolished in the mid-1920s.