This image can be used commercially
Congregational church, London Road, Derby, pre 1961
About this image
The Congregational Church opened in 1843 on land bought from the estate of William Collumbell. The building cost £5000 and was an offshoot built by Victoria Street Chapel. It was extended in 1857. By 1889 they had over 400 members. It was later sold, reopened in 1934 as the Coliseum Cinema, the congregation having built a new chapel in Littleover. The cinema, regarded as a family cinema, closed in 1961 prior to demolition for the widening of the ring road.