About this image
Properties on the right are across from the Queens Arms. The first two rows were pulled down in 1932. Miss Woods general provisions shop, which also sold oil for lamps, was approached through the door in the wall. A building linking the two rows (behind the railings) was the former Bull public house. Its window sills can still be seen in the low wall (which must have been the lower courses of the building) which now separates a front lawn from a terraced garden behind, running eastwards from the renovated dwelling known as 'The Woodlands'. Taddington Hall is the last building on the left, and the railings on that side belong to the Primitive Methodist Chapel. The house beyond is a late 18th Century farmhouse - grade 2 listed building known as 'Home Farm', though its farm buildings were across the road out of sight, the stockyard was behind the farmhouse. The building between Home Farm and The Hall was a small private residence.