About this image
These cottages were across the road from the former Wesleyan chapel. On the left is an older dwelling than Rose Cottage, on the right, which was built in 1854. In Rose Cottage, Orlando Hambleton lived with his wife and five children up to 1909 when he purchased The Ferney (extreme right). The stone shed between Rose Cottage and The Ferney has long been demolished. Orlando Hambleton, his wife and married daughter, Grace, with her husband Dick moved back into Rose Cottage in 1924 where he lived until his death in 1945. His wife, May, pre-deceased him two years earlier.