This image can be used commercially
Gables Farm (house dated 1696)
About this image
Built in 1696 by Thomas and Ann Clay. Rebuilt by W G & E S Turbutt in 1889. The man and boy in the picture may be Robert White Jr who took over the farm in 1840, and/or William White or G Davenport and possibly son who took over the farm in 1877. Taken from A History of Shirland & Higham by Gladwyn Turbutt, published 1978.