This image can be used commercially
Edward Revell Endowed School - old building.
Hallfield Gate Lane
About this image
Built in 1637, rebuilt in 1830, improved in 1853 and enlarged in 1876. Derbyshire County Council bought the school after the second world war and built new premises at a site quarter of a mile away in 1964. The original building was demolished in 1968 for road widening. Yew Tree Cottage now stands in the same grounds, set back from the road. Taken from A History of Shirland & Higham by Gladwyn Turbutt, published 1978.