This image cannot be used commercially
Junction of Bank Road and Crown Square
contributed by Mr C Arkle
About this image
Showing the tram shelter, erected in 1899. Together with the clock it was contributed by Mr R Wildgoose. The shelter was also a local meeting place and had stained glass windows and brass fittings which are visible to some extent in this picture.