This image cannot be used commercially
Pye Bridge Railway Station
c 1946 - 1955?
About this image
It is thought that this was taken after 1946. The locomotive shown is of a type built by the LMS and used in this area from 1946 onwards. The wagons are mainly private owner and timber bodied which suggests no later than about 1955. The Pye Bridge - Ambergate line closed in 1968. (Butterley Station and part of the line is now used by The Midland Railway Trust and is open to the public offering locomotive rides on its Steam trains.)