This image can be used commercially
Brampton and Chesterfield horse tram
Museum of British Transport, London
About this image
Corporation of Chesterfield horse tram. Built in George F Milnes & Co. Ltd. of Birkenhead in 1897, the car operated until 1904. It has seating capacity for 16 passengers and the body framework is of oak, there are four main side windows, glazed all round with fixed lights. The body is mounted on 4 wheels, the brake being operated by a ratchet type handle mounted on the platform which applies cast iron shoes to all wheels. A paraffin lamp on the near side at each end of the saloon provides interior illumination and acts as an exterior direction light. This car is preserved at the Museum of British Transport, London, SW4.