This image can be used commercially
St Werburgh's Church, Blackwell
About this image
In the churchyard of St Werburgh's Church sits the remains of an anglo saxon cross. The church itself ( by Daniel Hodkin) was built in 1827-28 and rebuilt except for the tower in 1878-79 (by J B Mitchell-Withers). It probably stands on the site of some pre christian enclosure.