About this image
The swimming pool opened on 26th May 1938 and cost £12,000 to build. It was built by the Urban District Council after much effort on the site of the Imperial Gardens. The water was kept at 72degrees fahrenheit. There was also a covered bath for winter use and a cafe. Much was made of the quality of the water.